The workshop on Finca Maroma + welcome to other activities
Finca Maroma is situated into wine-terraces, Orange trees and other subtropical fruits. On the spacious terrain there are the main house and three other houses, which we rent out for course participants or holiday guests. From Finca Maroma you look down a wide, green valley, across the white washed villages, south to the Mediterranean sea. Behind the Finca you are surrounded by mountains, dominated by the impressive peak of the Maroma (2065 m).
The studio workshop (50 qm) is situated in the upper part of Finca Maroma. It has two windows and an archway entrance. You can either work on the tables or at the easels. Here the students can continue painting after the lessons have finished, try out new techniques. There is space enough for more experimental work with the available basic equipment .
The workshop has a comfortable sofa-corner for relaxation while drinking tea and coffee (free) or for to get inspiration by studying the art books available.
The workshop is always accesable. Apart from the morning sessions the students can use either the workshop or the terraces for their work.
The nearby mountain village Cómpeta (walk of 12 minutes) with its narrow alleys, decorated with lots of flowers, offers impressive painting motives.
Activities for non-artist friends/partner - afternoon activities
There are plenty possibilities to spend the free time for those, who doesn´t participate in the art course.
- Exploring the nature: We offer some detailed walking tour descriptions for our guests. Some wonderful walking tours do start directly from our Finca and lead into the surrounding mountain/sierra area.
- Spanish lessons: We can arrange contact to a local teacher in Cómpeta.
- Guided activities: Canyoning, Kayak, Walks in the sierras, Caving etc.
- Horse riding: From the nearby stable you can do horse trekking in the sierras.
- Tennis: In Cómpeta´s tennis ground you can play tennis.
- Excursions: Visit the surrounding white washed villages or the mediterranian beaches.
- History: Visit the old moorish cities Granada and Seville. Those who like to follow the old Moorish tracks through history, will be able to do so here in Andalucia.